Chimney Vigor Group is actively seeking an experienced QA & Automation Lead to join our team in San Diego! In this role you will oversee our QA team while driving continuous improvement to our tools and processes. This is an exciting opportunity to own and lead the QA function in a growing, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, committed to quality, and looking for a high-impact opportunity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the QA team, providing guidance and mentorship to QA team members
- Develop systems and processes for high-quality product delivery
- Evaluate current QA processes, tools and methodologies and provide recommendations for improvement/maturation.
- Develop software test plans, test specifications, test cases, and test scripts
- Reduce manual quality assurance efforts through the development, enhancement, and maintenance of a comprehensive test automation (CI/CD) framework
- Seek out, evaluate, and recommend tools that can help facilitate improvements to the quality engineering process
- Encourage continuous improvement and efficiency through process enhancement and automation
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5-10 yrs. of QA/testing experience with multiple product lines
- 2+ years of working on back-end Web Services (API & Automation testing)
- Must have either MAC or UNIX experience
- Experience with build automation & CI/CD tools
- Extensive experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing
- Understanding of agile software testing methodologies and the drive to involve testing earlier in the development process
- Ability to test in different environments and across platforms (i.e. strong understanding of web technologies, comfortable testing APIs independently)
- Understanding of the concept of the test pyramid and how to apply those concepts to an iterative development process and short release cycles
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills that fosters collaboration across teams (software teams, product, support, etc.)
WHO YOU ARE
- Committed to quality and an enthusiasm for testing
- Passionate about technology and the end-user experience
- Driven to continuously improve and motivated to pursue new skills and understanding of quality engineering best practices
- Highly collaborative and focused on achieving excellent results
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
At Chimney, you’ll get an exciting challenge at a fast growing, entrepreneurial and global company, where we believe that high job satisfaction is the basis for personal achievement. With us, you get to work with market-leading brands and exciting customers who will challenge you and you, them.
You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow. We are one, transparent team. We are open-minded, receptive and strive for honesty and integrity.
We believe our people and our work make the difference, for our clients and their audience. If you’re looking to make an impact, Chimney is the place for you.
WHO WE ARE
Chimney Vigor Group is a global, full-service award-winning Creation Studio specializing in communications, production, entertainment and MarTech. Think of us as an advertising and social media agency, production and tech company — all rolled into one.
For over 20 years we have crafted award-winning stories (Oscar, BAFTA, Cannes Lion, Palme d’Or, Sundance, Berlinale, PromaxBDA) and delivered marketing and communications solutions for the world’s most recognized brands.
With offices in 12 cities worldwide, our 400+ world-class talent bring diverse insight and craftsmanship to any given project, working in integrated workflows and using a powerful platform to interact with both local and multinational clients in order to deliver smart, cost-efficient and truly useful solutions, including production, live events, media buying, distribution, performance analytics and strategy.
We believe in a world full of amazing experiences. Join us!
CVG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.