We are seeking a full stack Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our dynamic team in San Diego to help develop & launch Edisen, a new scalable SaaS solution built on the MERN stack. Edisen is a one-of-a-kind SaaS solution aimed at brands who want to globalize and expand their reach with creative content, and do it FAST. With Edisen, you can order all your content creation services, collaborate with our team of world renowned creatives, and optimize your assets for maximum reach.
Some of the tools and technologies we use are ReactJS, NodeJS, Express, MongoDB, MySQL and AWS. We are looking for someone with strong experience in one or more of these technologies combined with creativity, problem-solving skill, and the desire for technical and product-focused leadership.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and develop a high functioning, agile, and collaborative engineering culture by example and action
- Promote and enforce software engineering best practices through clean & reusable code, unit test coverage, and code reviews for all steps of development
- Approximately 70% technical, hands-on software development work and 30% leadership and management
- Oversee the design, architecture and implementation of all new systems, with a strong focus of delivery to our customers
- Use creativity and skills in combination with your leadership to innovate elegant solutions for problems at every level of our tech stack
- Lead a collaborative team to define the long term technology vision
- Set best practices influencing not only the team, but the entire Engineering Organization
- Research and champion adoption and use of new technologies
- Maintain a high operational excellence with a dedication to reliable, maintainable, exceptional products for our customers
WHAT YOU NEED
- 10-15 years of professional software engineering experience, of which at least 4 were devoted to using MERN stack to build SaaS products
- Strong understanding of MongoDB and MySQL
- Experience with Cloud Architecture (AWS preferred)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Information Science, or equivalent experience
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong ability to execute as an engineer, with a pragmatic focus on ROI when delivering the product
- Strong ability to mentor the engineering team through code review as well as face to face
- Strong interest in thinking about product, including user empathy and an understanding of how a product works as a complex system
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with designers, product managers, marketers, etc. to deliver a great product
- Ability to discern technical constraints, resources and opportunities available; willingness to take a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to estimate and prioritize
- Possessing high integrity
- Lives our core values: honesty, humility, exceptionalism, hard work, commitment, and innovation
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
At Chimney, you’ll get an exciting challenge at a fast growing, entrepreneurial and global company, where we believe that high job satisfaction is the basis for personal achievement. With us, you get to work with market-leading brands and exciting customers who will challenge you and you, them.
You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow. We are one, transparent team. We are open-minded, receptive and strive for honesty and integrity.
We believe our people and our work make the difference, for our clients and their audience. If you’re looking to make an impact, Chimney is the place for you.
WHO WE ARE
Chimney Vigor Group is a global, full-service award-winning Creation Studio specializing in communications, production, entertainment and MarTech. Think of us as an advertising and social media agency, production and tech company — all rolled into one.
For over 20 years we have crafted award-winning stories (Oscar, BAFTA, Cannes Lion, Palme d’Or, Sundance, Berlinale, PromaxBDA) and delivered marketing and communications solutions for the world’s most recognized brands.
With offices in 12 cities worldwide, our 400+ world-class talent bring diverse insight and craftsmanship to any given project, working in integrated workflows and using a powerful platform to interact with both local and multinational clients in order to deliver smart, cost-efficient and truly useful solutions, including production, live events, media buying, distribution, performance analytics and strategy.
We believe in a world full of amazing experiences. Join us!
CVG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.