There is nothing ordinary about Chimney Vigor Group (CVG). Therefore, we are looking for an extraordinary HR Manager to join our global team. You will ensure the company’s HR policies and processes comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This position will oversee all aspects of HR compliance with a focus on the US, including I-9 compliance, leave of absence/FMLA, sick leave and other leave/time off policies, short-and-long-term disability benefits, reasonable accommodation, wage and hour and predictive scheduling. The HR Manager will manage day-to-day activities and help formulate the company’s long-term strategy, working proactively with external legal and other departments on compliance-related issues as well as on any external audits conducted by government officials. This person will report directly to the Chief People Officer and lead on HR and culture initiatives.
You will work cross-functionally and strategically, driving cohesion and alignment across the global organization. You should like working in a global context with the HR organization spread out in different countries. While this is a global role, we are looking for someone based in the US, close to one of our offices (New York, Los Angeles, & San Diego). This is an exciting growth opportunity to come in and have immediate and lasting impact on a global organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own HR Compliance and be responsible for managing, inventorying, assessing, controlling, and developing compliant policies/procedures to reduce HR compliance risks nationally
- Oversee all aspects of HR compliance, including I-9 compliance, rest and meal periods, leave of absence/FMLA, sick leave and other leave/time off policies, short-and-long-term disability benefits, reasonable accommodation, wage and hour and predictive scheduling
- Monitor new laws or regulations related to HR compliance and drive continuous process and program improvement
- Manage the company’s reporting requirements, including Affirmative Action (OFCCP) and EEO-1
- Keep track of metrics and conduct audits for each compliance area to ensure compliance
- Lead global compliance by supporting regional compliance officers and HR Managers
- Lead compliance-related projects and initiatives and proactively formulate risk mitigation strategies
- Collaborate with HR & Operations to ensure appropriate training is provided on compliance requirements and the company’s compliance policies and processes
- Lead on broader HR initiatives for the global organization including but not limited to onboarding/offboarding, retention strategy, performance management, learning & development, and diversity & inclusion
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant area, Juris Doctorate (J.D.) a plus
- 4+ years of previous experience on HR compliance and/or policy
- Experience working with large and geographically dispersed non-exempt workforce
- Experience managing complex HR projects and operationalizing HR policies and strategy
- Strong understanding of US employment law and state employment laws and broad understanding of international employment laws
- Passion for creating a modern and people-focused HR function
- Good analytical skills and ability to quickly understand organizational matters
- Excellent partnering, collaboration, and communication skills, on a global scale
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, build strong relationships and become a trusted partner to relevant stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to use sound judgement to drive complex issues to resolution and influence to achieve result
- Exemplary writing skills, with an ability to customize work product to both formal and informal settings
WHO YOU ARE
- You are highly resilient working collaboratively across diverse stakeholder groups with differing priorities
- You are self-directed and able to take ownership of activities, and drive them through to completion
- You desire to be scrappy and continuously strive to do more with less
- You are positive “can do” attitude coupled with a strong commitment to integrity
- You have an ownership mentality and propensity to take responsibility for key outcomes
- You are detail-oriented and organized with unrivaled ethics, integrity, and ability to prioritize effectively to accommodate tight deadlines in a dynamic start-up environment
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
At Chimney, you’ll get an exciting challenge at a fast growing, entrepreneurial and global company, where we believe that high job satisfaction is the basis for personal achievement. With us, you get to work with market-leading brands and exciting customers who will challenge you and you, them.
You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow. We are one, transparent team. We are open-minded, receptive and strive for honesty and integrity.
We believe our people and our work make the difference, for our clients and their audience. If you’re looking to make an impact, Chimney is the place for you.
WHO WE ARE
Chimney Vigor Group is a global, full-service award-winning Creation Studio specializing in communications, production, entertainment and MarTech. Think of us as an advertising and social media agency, production and tech company — all rolled into one.
For over 20 years we have crafted award-winning stories (Oscar, BAFTA, Cannes Lion, Palme d’Or, Sundance, Berlinale, PromaxBDA) and delivered marketing and communications solutions for the world’s most recognized brands.
With offices in 12 cities worldwide, our 400+ world-class talent bring diverse insight and craftsmanship to any given project, working in integrated workflows and using a powerful platform to interact with both local and multinational clients in order to deliver smart, cost-efficient and truly useful solutions, including production, live events, media buying, distribution, performance analytics and strategy.
We believe in a world full of amazing experiences. Join us!
CVG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.